About Me

Friday 24 October 2014

My Dancer Tag | dance diaries

A few days ago I wrote a post which was just a little intro to my blog so here is my first proper post! The dancer tag! I really hope you enjoy and if you have any personal questions you would like me to answer then definitely email me!
Let's get started!
1. How old were you when you started dancing? I am really sorry, but I m quite forgetful ( tehe) so I can't remember exactly when I started dancing! I did hip hop for a while and then started modern aswell! I then stopped doing street dance and started doing ballet at a brand new school! Because I also really enjoyed modern I picked that up aswell at my brand new dance school! So I was 9 when I very first started doing those ballet classes! 
2. What's your favourite style of dance? I absolutely love all styles of dance and practise them lots but I would have to say I prefer ballet! 
3.have you ever injured yourself in dance? I have been really lucky and not had any injuries yet! But I have pulled lots of muscles (oopsies) and suffered from lots of aching pains all over my body like lots of other dancers! 
4. Whose your inspiration? Lots of the older girls at my dance school really inspire me! But I love younger dancers like autumn miller aswell! There is an absolutely amazing YouTube channel called Anahiem Ballet where they do lots of dance videos. A girl called Aria Alekzander featured in one of there videos and ever since then I have loved her! She is gorgeous and graceful and she is a fantastic dancer! I also am a huge fan of Misty Copeland as she defined so many odds and even though she started dancing at a later age she still made it! I also love watching Maria Kotchetkova aswell.
5.what is your favourite dance move?  Oh so many! Because there are so many varieties of dance I think I will have to pick a few! In ballet I really enjoy pique turns as I love spinning, although I haven't quite nailed them yet! In modern and jazz I really like coupe turns and pencil turns, I also love doing scorpions aswell!
6. What do you feel most comfortable dancing in? I feel comfortable in all my dance wear really, it feels like a second skin now! But I must say I probably feel most comfortable in a leotard and pair of tights as that's what I wear most of the time! 
 I really hope you have got off to a great start of a new school year and that you haven't had too much trouble picking up all your old dance classes! I really hope you enjoyed this and I know there are so many more questions I would love to answer but I didn't want to bore you with a really long post, see you soon xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment